Drawing on more than a decade of combined legal and industry experience, as well as her background in process engineering and high-throughput DNA sequencing, Danielle is a problem-solver. While she focuses on litigation, Danielle understands that the best solution is not always filing a court action. With creativity and flexibility that is often facilitated by an ability to “speak the same language,” many cases can be favorably resolved without the challenges and distractions inherent in the litigation lifecycle. If a case does proceed before the courts, Danielle has extensive experience, including several years with AmLaw 100 firms, managing all phases of litigation, from investigation and complaint filing through discovery and trial preparation. A relatable, thorough and consistent attorney, Danielle’s clients benefit from her process-oriented approach to their matters. Danielle has an aptitude for technology, whether it’s software, hardware or developments within the life sciences arena. Leveraging her technical background, Danielle has also prosecuted numerous patent applications in computer hardware and software, networking devices, social networking applications, and laboratory techniques.
- Intellectual Property Litigation and Consulting,
including trade secrets, trademark, patent, and copyright
- Technology Law,
including invention disputes and intangible rights (rights of publicity, privacy, etc.)
- Business Litigation and Counseling,
including contracts, partnership disputes and break-ups, and employee mobility
considerations (NDAs, non-compete and non-solicitation contracts)
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor Lincoln Law School of San Jose
- Lead Content Editor Santa Clara High Technology Law Journal
- Lead content editor for the Santa Clara High Technology Law Journal
- Witkin Awards: Complex IP Litigation, Pre-Trial Litigation Techniques, Biotechnology Law, Patent Lit, Technology Licensing, Trademarks and Unfair Competition
- CALI Award for Advance IP Research
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.S. in Biochemistry
- University of Santa Clara Law School, J.D.
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal courts in the Northern and Southern Districts of California
CONNECTING WITH DANIELLE
Intro to tech?
- As a member of the student advisory board of the Greater San Diego Science & Engineering Fair when I was in high school, I had guest access to the San Diego Supercomputer Center, as it was the first host to the science fair’s website. We brought the science fair online in 1996.
- While not really an app, I am a fan of all IoT for home automation. I love that I can remotely control various aspects of my house, which increases home security, energy efficiency and convenience.
- I try to keep active in the community, including serving as a director of the Half Moon Bay Yacht Club. As you might guess, I’m also into recreational ocean sports, including sailing and surfing, and an avid hiker and runner in the coastal mountain range up and down the Peninsula.
This website Is designed for general Information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.